Friday, July 11, 2008

Testing E-mail Blogging

Let's see if this works.
 
Yesterday was a very quiet day at work so I got some writing done - picked up an old project from a fresh angle. Was fun. In theory it could be brilliant if I finish it. Key word - 'if'!! Heh. Someone kick me up the arse.
 
Today looks to be much of the same. Friday, which is a quiet day anyway - and not many staff around. Even quieter! Fortunately I can leave early so the torment of boredom won't be as prolonged as it was yesterday ^.^
 
I made a Vox account yesterday. Had a look around, took note of the hugely un-user-friendly interface which is just all over the place (I know I'd get used to it, but that's not the point), and then realised the glaring lack of customisability. 'Personalising' your blog on that place means adding your own header image. Screw that. I want to see the HTML and CSS and fiddle with it. I don't want a generic 'two hundred people use this template' deal. Meh. So I deleted the account again and I won't be back in a hurry. 'Vox is better than Blogger' my arse - no it ain't, it just makes you think it is because of all these 'seamless integrated' features. 'You can get straight into your photobucket and flickr!' - yeah, in the time I wait for it to load my images I can open the site in a new tab. I can post the same media into a Blogger post that I can into a Vox post. I can e-mail and even text to my blog here. Vox doesn't offer anything new or improved - and it lacks one of the main attractions that pulls me to a blog site - customisability.
 
So ner ner ner.
 


--
Lick the Lid of Life!

6 comments:

MABrock1980 said...

Also, you can upload pics to blogger without the need for a seperate account *nod*

It worked ;)

Eclectablog said...

Yup, it worked. I'm starting to be glad I didn't go the way of Vox. I trust your judgment on these things. So, no, I won't be kicking you up the arse. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

*already posted a comment but apparently it's invisible!* Grr.

"Customisability" - is that a real word? It makes I giggle...

Welsh Pixie said...

Bebbet - Indeed! I'd noticed that feature. Is very nice.

Mr E - you trust me?? You fool ;o) *grin*

Twistickles - It's a certified Pixie word. :D

MABrock1980 said...

It's also a dictionary certified word ;)

Moomin said...

I'm here at Blogger as well. It's just easier for me. They have added some very nice features here. Also, I have discovered Twitter as a way of microblogging (in case I have to, you know) and started to aggregate the RSS feeds of all the friends in a nice way. And all that from Firefox! *hugs firefox*